Wednesday, October 29, 2008

reminds me of the places we used to go

While DJ and I were in Las Vegas, I found a student photographer to take some pictures of us. We don't really have pictures of us - some from when we were first dating, and a few arm-out prizes that I snapped. I called it an engagement session to her, but not quite. As I told DJ, when we are old and mentally feeble, I will pull a Notebook on him and read stories about our youth. Except they will be completely fictionalized, however well supported by photos. It's becoming sort of a contest to see who can stave off senility the longest.
Anyway, on to the pictures.

I like this. I see this look on DJ's face all the time, and I like it. (Please note the J. Crew dress on the non-J. Crew model. Ahem.)

I can't decide if this is a more or less attractive view.

I convinced DJ and the photographer to do this by saying that it would look like us as old people. Except that it doesn't, it looks like us at home on a normal worknight. Minus the dress, plus a pair of yoga pants. Old people.

Me: I can see up your nose. DJ: No, you can't. Stop looking at my brain.

Then we changed clothes and found the tiniest grassy place ever. Vegas is not known for its natural beauty, you know. This one is going on my desk at work.This is how I am usually looking at DJ. A little bit of adoration, a little bit of disbelief, a lot of Leno Jaw.I have no idea why he likes me, but it does seem to be true.

Now, about the student photographer. I think she did a good job. I liked her a lot, and I think she has a lot of potential. BUT, if you're looking for a lot of direction or creativity, you should pay an experienced professional - or do some serious art direction of your own and take your chances. I knew that ahead of time, so I'm quite happy with what we have. On the other hand, if we'd been working with our wedding photographer, we might have communicated our ideas more easily and had many more pictures to choose from.

Our wedding photographer is a whole different and wonderful story. I'll have to tell it one of these days.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to hear the story!! By the way, you look so pretty in these pictures! I love the dress (not a jcrew model?! pshaw!! evs...)

xoxo

Anonymous said...

those came out beautiful!

JennyLee said...

very very nice!

Julia said...

Thanks! I'm happy with them. Photographer story soon.

lilac_leaf said...

It sounds like you had a great time on your trip! You ate things I've never heard of - the French toast sounded heavenly. I've been wondering about foie gras. Is it really any good??

I'm hoping not to blush when I read the photographer story. :)

Julia said...

LL - yes, it was really good!

You'll blush. I'm going to include the crying.

Jules Someone said...

You two are so cute!