Friday, December 26, 2008

it's a Christmas miracle, Charlie Brown

Earlier this week Illinois was slammed with some serious snow. Mail and UPS deliveries were delayed, which probably explains how a mystery package happened to arrive late on Christmas Eve.
Inside the package I found two boxes.

And a card.

The card says "Julia, I saw your posting about the disappointing service you received from Anthropologie. Please accept the two enclosed stoppers free of charge as a token of our dedication to making your next Anthropologie experience a positive one." Handwritten, signed by the operations manager, Allison. Sure enough, two stoppers, already giftwrapped. I don't know quite how Allison connected my virtual snit with my original order, but how nice is that? They were also out of stock online and in most stores, so I'm sure it wasn't easy to find them either.

I rewrapped them and gave one to DJ's mom (the original gift) and one to his brother's wife. Of course I had to tell the story, so Allison - there were two gifts under our tree from you this Christmas.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. That's impressive of them. And they are very cute. I love the button ribbons. I got some under the tree myself and hung them on my lampshade because they were too cute to toss.

Anonymous said...

Very impressive indeed.

JennyLee said...

Go Allison! It's nice to know that some people understand true customer service!

Liz said...

That's amazing! Think they'd send me another trinket box for use as my ring carrier, since I discovered that it had a big ol' glue drip in it? Nah. Probably not. But I'm really impressed that they found yours!

Anonymous said...

Did you ever figure out how they were able to match your blog post with an order?

Julia said...

Lass, I did not. It's probably just as well, it might be a little creepy. ALSO, it just occurred to me that Anthropologie knows my real name. That is, not Julia Remix. Weird!

Liz, I don't know but you should definitely call and ask. Ask for Allison, maybe?