Friday, March 27, 2009

flower power

A few days ago I did a little math to see how many flowers I might need to fill all the silvers and make bouquets and whatnot.

Ho-leeeey cats, as my spin instructor says. Does 500-ish* sound like a lot to you? It does to me. I've budgeted 14 hours for flower arranging. That sounded excessive a while ago, but maybe not?

Better question: what kind of shape will my hands be in after trimming and arranging? I think I need to add garden gloves to my list of supplies.

*This from a girl who once professed not to care a bit about flowers. Ha.

4 comments:

Brittany said...

my my how our priorities change when we're planning a wedding, dont they?!?!?!

Abbie said...

It depends on how many centerpieces you have. I'm expecting about that much... with 20 centerpieces, 5 bouquets, bouts, etc.

Julia said...

Thanks, Abbie! I've obviously never bought flowers on this scale before, so I appreciate the comparison.

LPC said...

Stay away from math! Hold up strings of garlic if necessary!